Diabetes in Non-white Americans
I'm not able to readily find neat, clean data in AI summary form on diabetes by ethnicity, but multiple searches suggest:
1. Diabetes is lowest in non Hispanic White Americans than in any other American demographic.
2. Non White Americans see more and worse complications of diabetes.
This can include serious debilitating issues like lower extremity amputation and blindness. I used to review insurance claims for a paycheck. I've reviewed foot amputation claims for people with diabetes.
I have not really written much about blood sugar issues per se, partly because I kind of didn't TREAT my own blood sugar issues per se. I treated my underlying condition and "coincidentally" my blood sugar issues magically improved all on their own.
However, I did a college level paper in an AP high school class on Functional Hypoglycemia and controlled my blood sugar with diet for years before being given a life changing diagnosis in my thirties. Then I was diagnosed with a form of Cystic Fibrosis and people with Cystic Fibrosis are at high risk of an obscure form of diabetes called Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes (CFRD), so I've read a LOT over the years about diabetes and other blood sugar issues.
So here's what is in my head:
1. It's associated with inflammation.
2. Inflammation can be caused by high acidity OR infection.
3. High acidity promotes infection.
4. There are KNOWN cases of sudden onset diabetes following infection.
Statistics suggest you see high rates of diabetes in Native Americans.
I've written previously on this site that I think Native Americans suffer addiction at high rates due to European diseases. Articles decrying the practice of sending Native children to boarding schools routinely assert that the children were sexually abused.
I've also briefly mentioned in a few posts here my hypothesis that disease rooted in sexual assault on slaves may be a factor in high rates of diabetes in Black Americans.
I will note here that if I'm correct that high pork consumption causing excess selenium is a major contributing factor in high blood pressure in Black Americans, selenium is classified as a metal or metalloid and excess selenium would constitute a form of metal poisoning. Metal poisoning generally makes people too acid and being too acid promotes infection.
After being diagnosed with a form of Cystic Fibrosis, I never really treated my blood sugar issues per se. I did aggressively treat for inflammation and infection because those are MAJOR issues for my condition. My blood sugar improved "mysteriously, as a side effect" it seems of my general health improving.
That implies that chronic infection was probably a factor in my blood sugar issues and is probably a factor in the development of CFRD, the form of diabetes peculiar to my condition which I have been told isn't really Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes (and I think gestational diabetes also isn't really either of those).
If you are concerned about the health of ethnic minorities in the US with high rates of diabetes and a history of rampant sexual assault at the hands of Whites, I suggest you consider the possibility that there's infection involved.
If all of my ideas above are correct, Black Americans who lower pork consumption and increase salt consumption per other posts on this site about high blood pressure in this demographic should see significant improvement in myriad health issues, not just blood pressure.
Comments
Post a Comment