DEI
President Donald Trump took office pledging to eliminate "woke" Biden-era policies that he argues elevate race and gender above merit.
That's from some article about growing bipartisan support for DEI programs. That's ironic in the extreme from a ham-handed con man who makes no effort to be smooth and appears to enjoy getting away with his shit in spite of his gross incompetence "because DADDY made a lot of money, so I'm a BILLIONAIRE and entitled to steal elections."
He didn't become president on merit.
I sometimes write stuff some people might see as "anti DEI." It's not.
It's more like "I wonder how you include women (etc) effectively so she's not the token woman but with no meaningful voice."
And it's not possible to say anything in writing without someone selectively quoting it and claiming "That piece by a divorced single mom wondering how to make her life work and support herself OBVIOUSLY means she believes all women should be the little wifey!!!!!"
I appear to be the highest ranked woman on Hacker News.
I appear to have gotten there on merit.
I did my best to try to figure it out.
As a hobby.
While homeless.
I no longer participate because it didn't translate to money for me and I am trying to figure out how to support myself. Everyone there knows that and I was openly pissed all over and gaslit by people claiming it's not possible to use Hacker News to enhance your bottom line.
Like I'm too fucking Stoopid to understand it's the FUNNEL for a venture capital fund that you cannot apply to if you don't have a Hacker News handle AND plenty of people use HN to help improve their bottom line.
Just mostly men.
I don't need a fucking hobby where I get the shit kicked out of me for being "the token woman." It's no longer of any value to me, though it was at one time.
And I write about "merit based inclusion" and shit like that because I'm a woman who believes:
1. I earned my place there.
2. It STILL didn't do for me what it does for the guys.
3. I got pissed all over and treated like I was delusional for talking about needing to improve my income and wanting to use Hacker News as part of that goal.
And then we have Trump spouting nonsense about intentionally excluding women and people of color because merit is what he values.
While he BRAGS on camera he had the election rigged.
Whatever the hell you IMAGINE I'm trying to say, rest assured it's wholly unrelated to the crack smoking Truth Social brain rot Donald Trump is spouting.
Comments
Post a Comment